Maria Juan Parra
Maria Juan Parra is an Italian and Spanish lawyer admitted both to Spain and to the Italian practice.
She is a graduate of University of Law Madrid (J.D., 1998) and has also completed a Master of Biblioteconomy within the Vatican School of Library Science. She was admitted to the Malaga Bar in 1999 and to the Rome Bar in 2015.
Maria focus her practice in project finance and PPP field, in particular in the infrastructure (hospitals and highways) and energy sector, she has also a significant experience in privacy under the GDPR and web and internet agreements.
Having worked for almost 9 years for an international law firm, Maria has gained a significant experience in multijurisdictional projects.
She is author of some articles on renewables and privacy matters published by important Italian press.
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue), Italian, English, French.
Via Giulio Caccini 1
Tel. +39 06 85866057
Mob. +320 7848662
Admitted to the Bar of Rome and Malaga (Spain)
VAT no 13535801008
I’m a graduate of University of Law Madrid (J.D., 1998) and I have also completed a Master of Biblioteconomy within the Vatican School of Library Science. I was admitted to the Malaga Bar in 1999 and to the Rome Bar in 2015.
I’m fluent in English and Italian while Spanish is my mother tongue. I also have a working knowledge of French
On September 2018 together with Stefano Zappalà I joined Juridicum Network where I currently work specializing in infrastructures, PPP, project finance, privacy under the GDPR, web and internet agreements as well as on regulatory law.
Prior joining Juridicum Network, I worked for three years in Studio Caporale, Carbone Giuffrè and suddenly before for 9 years at Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale as knowledge legal manager being the manager responsible for Rome and Milan offices.
Besides the legal work, I also draft seminar papers and conference notes in post graduate courses. publications of legal content such as newsletters, press releases, tenders, pitches, etc.
Here follows a summary of some of the most significant professional commitments I have worked for:
- Advising international banks and borrowers on corporate, commercial law, renewable energy and infrastructure-related domestic and cross-border project finance transactions;
- Advising public administration on infrastructures projects. Drafting tender documentation;
- Advising public administration on Eurostat matters relating PPP contracts;
- Advising construction enterprises in drafting concession and other PPP contracts, risk matrix and review technical documentation in order to meet Eurostat requirements to consider off-balance the project;
- Advising banks and borrowers on projects relating to renewables energy;
- Advising domestic enterprises on contractual issues and M&A operations;
- Advising web companies on web agreements and privacy matters.
- In vacanza con la privacy al tempo dei Big Data – 8 agosto 2019.
- Impianti “senza rete”: verso la fine dei sistemi tradizionali di produzione? Generazione distribuita e accumuli. 8 luglio 2019.
- PPA senza incentivi – nuove frontiere per la bancabilità degli impianti in grid parity – Diritto 24– Il Sole 24 Ore – 29 marzo 2019.
- GDPR: valutazione di impatto sui dati personali e dimostrazione dell’affidabilità aziendale. La DPIA come strumento di creazione di valore – diritto bancario – 4 aprile 2018.
- Italy is “in” securing lending” – while Brexit talks are yet to start, Italy enacts new instruments to boost investors’ appetite – Diritto24 – Il Sole 24 Ore – 12 ottobre 2016.